Health Department web page update:
- Please use the “DROP-BOX” located on the front of the Town Hall Building for all completed permit applications and check payments. Address the envelopes “Health Department” to ensure they reach us.
- Drop-off and purchase of new 2 gallon ($10) Sharp's containers can be made between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. 786-0400 X 8207.
- Appointments for vaccinations can be made by calling Public Health Nurse at 726-9722.
- Appointments for all septic plan reviews, perk tests or general septic information can be made by calling: Sanitarian @ 726-9757 or Health Agent @ 726-9721.
License fees and downloadable applications can be found on the left side of our webpage for your convenience.
Latest mosquito information: https://www.mass.gov/mosquitoes-and-ticks
Duties & Responsibilities
The Health Department is responsible for providing educational and personal services to the residents in order to improve the public health of the community. It is also responsible for the provision of public health services in the Agawam Public Schools via the school nursing program.
- Community Sanitation
- Health Food Service Licensing
- Disease Surveillance