The town is encouraging residents to harvest and save rainwater with the use of rain barrels. A rain barrel collects water from the roof when it rains and stores it for use during dry weather to water house plants or outside plantings. Collecting water in a rain barrel is an excellent way to save some of the runoff and take the pressure off our water supply and stormwater management systems. By using the rainwater on your gardens you are helping to replenish your groundwater and benefit our water supply. Collected rainfall is especially valuable during droughts or dry conditions. It contains more nutrients and less salts than tap water, so it’s great for plants.
* 60-gallon rain barrels repurposed from recycled food grade barrels in a terra cotta color
* Fully screened intake port keeps mosquitoes, insects, and debris out
* Lid can be removed for easy cleaning and for storing hoses inside the barrel during the winter.
* Solid brass threaded spigot can be connected to a regular hose or soaker hose.
* Overflow connector and tubing can be used to direct water away from the foundation or to join multiple barrels for additional storage capacity.
The Town of Agawam is taking orders with payment through Friday, April 15th.
Cost: $70 each.
Send or drop off payment and order form to the Department of Public Works.
Please make your check payable to “Jack Miller”
Buyers will be notified when rain barrels arrive to schedule an appointment for pick up.
2022 Rain Barrel Order Form