Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and Federal and State Emergency Declarations, Agawam temporarily suspended Yard Waste Services during the month of April. We are pleased to announce that Republic Services has been working hard to make sure these services resume in May.
A Week - All residents on an A Week recycling schedule will receive yard waste collection the week of May 4th - 8th on your recycling collection day.
B Week - All residents on a B Week recycling schedule will receive yard waste collection the week of may 11th - 15th on your regular recycling collection day.
Residents may continue to utilize the drop off option at Bondi’s Island Landfill. No yard waste passes will be required until the Town Buildings open to the public. No dump trucks, commercial or business vehicles will be allowed to enter the yard waste facility as part of the Agawam program.
Bulk collections have been cancelled for the month of May. All collections will resume on schedule during the month of July. Please keep all items off the curb until your next scheduled collection date. Should resident need to dispose of bulk items before July, they may utilize the K&W Transfer Station in West Springfield. Residents should call the facility for disposal costs at 413-363-0090.
What can you do to support our drivers, essential workers that are on our streets every day, keeping our community clean?
- Be sure all trash is bagged and inside the cart. Overflow bags must be on top of or next to trash container.
- Collection trucks need clear access to service carts. Please be sure all carts are at least 3 feet away from all objects, including cars parked on the street.
- Please have carts on the curb by 7am of your collection day.
- All recycling must be in the recycling cart. At this time, please do not leave broken down cardboard outside the recycling cart.
- All personal protective equipment, including masks and plastic gloves are not recyclable. Please throw in trash bags.
- Any sanitizing wipes, even if they are labeled as flush able, should also be put in the trash.
- For a complete list of what is recyclable, visit www.recyclesmart.org