- Public Safety
- Fire Department
- Outside Fires
No burning of brush or yard waste is permitted other than during burning season. Outside cooking fires are allowed without a permit at any time but must comply with M.G.L. chapter 48 section 13. This means:
- The outside fire can not be in a hazardous area and must be contained in a non-flammable enclosure, permanent barbeque or outdoor fireplace.
- Fires must utilize natural wood for fuel. Burning of trash, rubbish, combustible waste or construction debris is prohibited!
- The fire must be at least 25 feet from any structure or items that may cause fire spread.
- Fires must be attended at all times by someone who is 18 years old or older until completely extinguished.
- A garden hose with water supply or other extinguishing equipment must be readily available for use.