- Public Works
- Trash / Recycling
- Leaf & Yard Waste
Leaf & Yard Waste
Leaves and yard waste may be disposed of in one of two ways:
Residential Curbside Collection
- Yard waste will be collected eight times per year; 2 spring, 1 late spring, 1 mid-summer, and 4 fall collections as indicated on the route schedule.
- Yard waste material must be placed in 30-gallon, 2-ply Kraft paper bags or trash containers, no larger than 32 gallons with handles, clearly labeled as yard waste. (Yard waste stickers are available at the Department of Public Works (DPW) while supplies last.)
- Bags and containers must not weigh more than 40 pounds.
- "Biodegradable" plastic bags are not accepted.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, weeds, garden material, shrub trimmings and brush or limbs up to 3 inches in diameter.
- Limbs up to 3 inches in diameter must be tied in bundles, not greater than 3 feet in length, and weigh no more than 40 pounds.
Agawam residents may drop off residential yard waste at Bondi's Island Landfill off Route 5 in Agawam.
Due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and Federal and State Emergency Declarations, yard waste passes will NOT be required until further notice. Please bring a license verifying Agawam residency during this time. No dump trucks, commercial or business vehicles will be allowed to enter the yard waste facility under the Agawam program.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
7 a.m. - Noon
- Obtain yard waste passes at the DPW at 1000 Suffield Street. Due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and Federal and State Emergency Declarations, yard waste passes will NOT be required until further notice. Please bring a license verifying Agawam residency during this time.
- A drivers license verifying Agawam residency and a vehicle registration are required at the time of pass pick up.
Acceptable Yard Waste
- Grass clippings
- Shrubs, brush, and limbs up to 3 inches in diameter
- Tree stumps, shrubs, brush and limbs over 3 inches in diameter (additional charges will apply)
No dump trucks, commercial or business vehicles will be allowed to enter the yard waste facility with an Agawam Yard Waste Pass.