Due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and Federal and State Emergency Declarations, Bulk Collection will be cancelled for the month of May. Please check your route schedule to make an appointment for the next scheduled collection day.
- Residents in single to four family units are eligible for the curbside collection of bulky waste.
- Bulky items are household items such as a couch, or mattress that cannot fit in your trash cart.
- *Any refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner or dehumidifier to be collected must have a certificate affixed to it, by a qualified technician, that all freon (CFC's) have been removed. Contact your appliance service firm for this service.
- Mattresses, box springs, toilets, sinks, carpeting - 3 feet in length, maximum weight of 40 pounds, will require a $5 fee per item, paid directly to Republic Services.
- A maximum of 5 items per collection will be taken.
- A maximum 2 televisions per year are allowed.
- Items to be collected must originate from the resident's household and must be placed on the tree-belt by 7 a.m. of the scheduled collection day.
- Residents must call the collection contractor, Republic Services at 413-557-6700 to arrange for a bulk item collection. (Please do not call the Town Hall Offices for an appointment, we cannot schedule the collections, you must do so directly with Republic Services.)
- In 2018, bulk collections will take place on specific days during the months of January, March, May, July, September, and December . Please be sure to schedule your collection 2 weeks prior to the scheduled collection week.
Materials Specifically Excluded From Bulk Collection
List is not all inclusive.
- Automobile parts
- Construction and demolition debris such as:
- Pressure treated wood
- Sheet rock
- Exercise Equipment
- Hot tubs
- Household garbage
- Household hazardous waste
- Oil tanks
- Hot water heaters
- Propane tanks
- Rubber tires
- Yard waste