Zoning Board of Appeals
- 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month
- Agawam Public Library
750 Cooper Street*
Public HearingsThe Board of Appeals holds public hearings on all cases before it. Notice of these hearings must be published 14 days before the hearing and all owners of property within 300 feet must be notified. The application, hearing, and approval process takes a minimum of two months from submitted application to signed decision. After a decision is written, signed, and filed with the Town Clerk, there is a 20-day appeal period.
Public hearings may be scheduled on other dates. For specific hearings, verify date and time contained in the Agenda of Public Hearings and Notice of Public Hearing posted at Town Hall.
Note: *Location of meeting(s) is subject to change.
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Doreen Prouty, Chairperson
- Richard Maggi, Vice Chairperson
- Gary Geiger, Clerk
- Vincenzo Ronghi, Alternate Member
- Aldo Mancini Jr., Alternate Member
About the BoardMGL c. 40A. The Zoning Board of Appeals interprets and enforces the Zoning Bylaws of the Town of Agawam.
Petition DecisionsOn a case-by-base basis, the Board of Appeals has the power to hear and decide on petitions for:
- Appeals from the decisions of the Inspector of Buildings
- Special Permits as allowed under the Zoning Bylaw
- Variances from the requirements of the Zoning Bylaw
- Comprehensive Permits under Chapter 40B of Massachusetts General Laws
The version of the Agawam Zoning Ordinance posted here are current as of 05/16/2006. They may not be the most current versions. To determine whether any changes have been made, please contact the Agawam Town Clerk.