- 6 p.m.
- 4th Tuesday of each month
- Agawam Public Library
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Joseph Mineo, Chair
- Mark Paleologopoulos, Vice Chair
- Corinne M. Wingard, Secretary
- Paul Jenney
- Gail Mathes
- Milly Parczychowski
- Vincenzo Ronghi
About the Committee
The Agawam Housing Committee was established in 2014 by the Agawam City Council to consider the town's housing needs, with particular attention to housing opportunities that are affordable to households of all income levels and abilities. The Agawam Housing Committee may make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council on steps the town may take to support the creation of new housing options to address those needs and to help maintain existing affordable housing in Agawam.
- Affordable or community housing, also known as workforce housing, is defined as long term affordability for people earning up to 80% of the area median income.
- For Agawam, the income eligibility criteria in 2015 is up to $46,100 for one person, $52,650 for a family of two, $59,250 for a family of three, $65,800 for a family of four, increasing incrementally to $86,900 for a family of eight.
- The Agawam Housing Committee will help allow Agawam to control it's housing destiny, increase the opportunity for seniors and younger residents to remain in town, and provide attractive options for new residents to live and work in our community.
The Mission of the Agawam Housing Committee is to consider housing needs in Agawam with particular attention to housing opportunities that are affordable to households of all income levels and abilities, and to make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council on steps the Town can take to support the creation of new housing options to address those needs, and to maintain existing affordable housing in Agawam.
- The Committee will support the implementation of these recommendations and measure progress toward their fulfilment.
- The Committee will work to seek regional solutions and support regional goals for housing market stability, housing affordability, and fair access to housing.
- The Committee will work to increase public knowledge and understanding about housing that is affordable to all in support of achieving these goals.
- Agawam April Meeting Summary (PDF)
- Agawam Housing Needs Assessment Final (PDF)
- Agawam Housing Needs Assessment Final Executive Summary (PDF)
- Housing Production Plan
- Housing Production Plan Workshop 1 Presentation (PDF)
- Housing Production Plan Workshop Number 1 Summary (PDF)
- Housing Production Plan Workshop Number 2 Presentation (PDF)
- Housing Production Plan Workshop Number 2 Summary (PDF)