"The Inspection Services Department is responsible for the enforcement of the building and zoning codes for the purposes of promoting the health, safety, convenience and welfare of the inhabitants of the community as well for the testing of all weighing and measuring devices used in town. The Zoning Board of Appeals is responsible for handling appeals regarding land use."
We're here to help!!! The Inspection Services Department offers the following services:
- Building Inspections
- Electrical Inspections
- Plumbing Inspections
- Code Enforcement
- Sealing of Weights and Measurers
- Board of Appeals
What Requires a Building Permit?
A permit is required for any type of construction or installation of an accessory structure. All permits must be applied for, with fees, by a licensed building contractor, plumbing contractor (including lawn irrigation), gas fitter, and electrical contractor. Fines will be assessed for any work done without a permit.
- Permits are required for pellet and wood stoves.
- Permits are required for siding, roofing and windows.
- Permits are required for any signs or tents
- No permit is required to install a fence. You must call the Inspection Services Department for fencing regulations.
Public Works Municipal Annex
1000 Suffield St.
Agawam, MA 01001
(413) 786-0400 Ext. 8632
8:30 am to 4:30 pm