Fall yard waste collection will be collected on the following weeks as noted on the 2019 route collection schedule.
A Week Streets will be collected on their recycling collection day on the following weeks:
B Week Streets will be collected on their recycling collection day on the following weeks:
October 28 - November 1
November 25-30 (one day delay for the Thursday and Friday collection due to the holiday)
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, weeds, shrub trimmings, and brush or limbs under 3" in diameter
- Limbs under 3" in diameter must be tied in bundles, no greater than 3' in length, weighing no more than 40lbs
- Yard waste may be placed in a 30 gallon 2-ply kraft paper bag
- Yard waste may be placed in trash containers, no larger than 32 gallon, with handles. Containers must be labeled as Yard Waste to be collected - stickers are available at the DPW, 1000 Suffield Street
- Bags and barrels may not exceed 40 lbs in weight for collection. Bags or barrels in excess of 40 lbs or too heavy to be lifted by one person will be left behind
- Wet broken bags, due to the weather, are not the responsibility of the hauler to clean up. It is encouraged that residents cover bags during rain events to prevent broken bags
Reminder: Please do not rake or blow leaves (or other yard materials) in to the public street or in the storm drains. In the fall, dead leaves typically collect in roads, and in moderate rainfall events can be washed into/on top of storm drains. These leaves then block or reduce the conveyance of water into the drains and increase local flood risk. To prevent flooding in your neighborhood, regularly clean leaves and other materials away from the storm drains.