Leaf & Yard Waste
Residential Curbside Collection
Due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and Federal and State Emergency Declarations, yard waste collections have been cancelled for the month of April. Services will resume in May as follows:
A Week - All residents on an A Week recycling schedule will receive yard waste collection the week of
May 4th - 8th on your recycling collection day.
B Week - All residents on a B Week recycling schedule will receive yard waste collection the week of
May 11th - 15th on your regular recycling collection day.
- Yard waste will be collected eight times per year; 2 spring, 1 late spring, 1 mid-summer, and 4 fall collections as indicated on the route schedule.
- Yard waste material must be placed in 30-gallon, 2-ply Kraft paper bags or trash containers,no larger than 32 gallons with handles, clearly labeled as yard waste. (Yard waste stickers are available at the Department of Public Works (DPW) while supplies last.)
- Bags and containers must not weigh more than 40 pounds.
- "Biodegradable" plastic bags are not accepted.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, weeds, garden material, shrub trimmings and brush or limbs up to 3 inches in diameter.
- Limbs up to 3 inches in diameter must be tied in bundles, not greater than 3 feet in length, and weigh no more than 40 pounds.
Agawam residents may drop off residential yard waste at Bondi's Island Landfill off Route 5 in Agawam.
Due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and Federal and State Emergency Declarations, yard waste passes will NOT be required during the month of April. Please bring a license verifying Agawam residency during this time. No dump trucks, commercial or business vehicles will be allowed to enter the yard wast facility under the Agawam program.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
7 a.m. - Noon
- Obtain yard waste passes at the DPW at 1000 Suffield Street.
- A drivers license verifying Agawam residency and a vehicle registration are required at the time of pass pick up.
Acceptable Yard Waste
- Grass clippings
- Shrubs, brush, and limbs up to 3 inches in diameter
- Tree stumps, shrubs, brush and limbs over 3 inches in diameter (additional charges will apply)